Thursday, May 15, 2003

Mayo and French Fries

    Jules: Le Big Mac... What do they call a Whopper?
    Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into a Burger King. But you know what they put on french fries in Holland instead of ketchup?
    Jules: What?
    Vincent: Mayonnaise.
    Jules: Goddamn!
    Vincent: I seen 'em do it, man, they fuckin' drown 'em in this shit.
    Jules: Uuccch!
    -- Pulp Fiction

I'm thinking this opinion will change. Now that the lowly french fry has returned to its position as America's favorite side -- coming back from a brief stint as a political message. I am predicting American's will be much more likely to start consuming them with more and more mayo. With big brands coming out with flavored mayos, we are slowly inching anyway from a the view of mayo as just a fatty, white goo. Soon, it will be America's gourmet-flavored fatty white goo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home